Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Xmas Place Mats

Back tracking... last project for 2013...

Ages ago I saw these place mats and they have stuck in my mind but I haven't had any time to execute making them. With 12 guests for dinner on Xmas Eve I wanted to give them something special to remember what I hoped would be a great night.


Ours...

Stef's brothers family
Eddy was Stef's best man and Kasia was my flower girl...
Luke and Jess we met at our dog park, we see them almost every day and we have become friends. Our 3 dogs get on REALLY well too! 

All 12 mats
 They are a bit dodgy and the binding leaves a lot to be desired but a press made them look better. I had fun making them and learnt a lot. Had they not been so rushed I would have done a better job I think. Amelia and I chose the fabrics for the mats based on personality or occupation. That was the best and most fun part I think!

As it happens, it was a BRILLIANT night and everyone LOVED the place mats!...

No comments:

Post a Comment