Sunday, October 6, 2013

Broken Herringbone & G'ma Sparkles FQ's

The lovely Molli has been hosting the webfamous MSBHQAL what a mouthful! I initially thought I would have time to join in but a kitchen reno, mother visiting, school Shakespeare and school holidays (and not in that order) have seen not a jot of anything much sewing related happening...

Until...

Last week, Amelia had a sleep over at a friends house and Stef had booked my car in for a service. At home, BY MYSELF for 5 hours, for the first time in SIX months, I had a go at the Herringbone...

Grandma Sparkles sent me some FQ's months ago, lovely fabrics but not really me being black, white and red. Lovely colours but not colours that feature in my wardrobe. I didn't want to give them away, especially as they were a gift to me! I knew I would find something to do with them... cue Daisy!

Daisy LOVES sleeping on the couch, I don't have a problem with that at all but I do have a problem with remembering to de-hair before guests come over and feel dreaful when they walk out with a bottom looking like a lamington a-la-Daisy...

*bing*! Lighbulb moment!!



Pretty happy with how it turned out! Then left with strips of the balance of the FQ's and the bits from the block I had an idea in my head, but it didn't quite work out exactly as I had pictured but, I am happy with it!


I then 'funked' up the back making a crazy block with the cut off's from the herring bone block!

This is a small, I wouldn't actually go  so far as to call it a quilt, let's downgrade it to a mat. It will be perfect for our ball of balck and white to curl up on and be easier to wash than the couch when she makes it up on it before I have wiped muddy (or worse) paws.

I have sewn the binding on it and will join and finish that today/tomorrow...

Then the brain went into overdrive...


No comments:

Post a Comment