Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 sewing list...

As 2012 comes to a close albeit too quickly for my liking it's time to turn thoughts to projects for next year and write my UFO list for this year to knock them over quick smart or do one old/one new to keep things interesting.

So left from 2012 I have

Blossom Creek complete block 2 (oh so close), then 3, 4 and do the log cabining
Make some fabric table runners to sell in the 'shop'
Placemats to go with the cushions I made  for Coral's b'day
Blouse for me
Over skirt for my sari skirt so I will wear the skirt and it won't sit in the wardrobe...
Fabric placemats for us for outside
Apron for Katie

And the things I know are on the list for 2013

Stitch in the ditch the jelly roll quilt
Make my Material Obsession Dotty for Dresden quilt
Do something with all fabric that I have got back from the rainbow swaps I was in in 2012!
A beach bag from a charm swap
A table runner from the Christmas swap
Christmas placemats
A replacement ironing board cover for Laura I think with the charm squares (I mean I have 4 of each swap to play with, there will be no shortage of rianbows in our house!)
Have come up with some other goodies to sell in the shop as well - keeping those under wraps fro the time being.
A couple of loose tops to wear in Raro in March
Winter nighties for Missy
Another full circle skirt/dress for Missy and one for her friend MMV

So far this seems managable!


The biggest thing on the list is a graduation quilt for Mrs C at the end of this year and no doubt the other class will want to make one as well. We have the same teacher for 3 years (kindy, year 1 na dyear 2) then the same teacher for the next 4 years (years 3-6). Some people may object to this system but we are quite embracing of it! Our much loved Mrs C knows these kids SO well and will know them even better than we do by the end of year 2. The primary years teacher is someone the kids have in their lives long after they have let school. Even at speech night this year there were so many past students it was refreshing, and a lot of them didn't have younger siblings at the school this year.

This quilt will have a 'cartoon' type character of each child she has taught (we have had 3 children leave since we started school). I am not sure how they will be placed but I will chat with my partner in crime and we will come up with something.



Clearly it looks like a quilting year!! Hmm Maybe I will have to look for a quilting class in my area or join Irene's class at Hobbysew...

And some other things will no doubt be more some clothes for Amelia. She surely will stop growing soon but while she is happy to wear home made I am happy to make them!

I also bought some new patterns for me this week. I will get a feel for them and then commit to what I will make from them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment