Tuesday, May 22, 2012

more finishes...

It would appear life has been getting in the way of many things and when I posted the broken elbow (which doesn't need surgery! yahoo!!) last night I noticed a few blanks so here goes...

The cushions... I have made 5 of them, just have 2 more button holes to do and 2 buttons to sew on.

Yoga mat bags... I made 9 thin mat bags and 18 fat/thick mat bags to sell as a fundraiser for school.

 These are the skinny mat bags...
 This is the custom bag for a school mum and her yoga business, it matches her logo and colours perfectly!
And these are the thick mat bags...
I sold 8 and had a customer order for one in specific colours (decided to pay myself properly for that one as I used more expensive fabric). There has also been a few other people who have approached me about places they think they might sell which is nice. Need to get my head around Amelia and her arm before I take something else on.

The pattern for the thick mat is one I made up myself, based on the Amy Butler one. I have also 'perfected' sewing them together and am feeling pretty darn happy and proud of myself!

This weeks sewing class I am planning on making, or at least starting to make, a coat/jacket for myself. I love my fortnightly sewing afternoons, I love the women, the down time, the laughter and the learning. Maybe one day, in all that spare time I have I might... nah... oh maybe I will... who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment