Thursday, November 10, 2011

Next stop binding...

We picked the quilts up yesterday and they look fantastic, especially the cricket one. I am a bit torn on the space one, I like the pattern we chose and hope NJ does as well... You see, the space themed patterns I had to choose from were quite babyish and didn't suit the maturity of the quilt or the child. So, we went for geckos, something NJ is into in a big way too. It is subtle and non descript but wonder if it will bug me like the extra triple row of stitching I should have put on the cricket balls...

The quilter, Tina, was a bit nervous as I told her they were my first ever quilts, she thought they wouldn't line up properly and was pleasantly surprised to see that they did! She said I had done a wonderful job on them both and I should be proud of my work (and I am!!). Her hubby really wanted the cricket quilt... not on your Nelly buster! Unless JR doesn't like it then we will talk price!

Anyhoo, Tina did a great job, they were turned around in 2 days which is just awesome and I will attempt the binding this weekend myself, which gives me time to get help if it all falls apart! Photos to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment