Monday, November 21, 2011

FINISHED!

Wow, what a job and a half these were but boy have I enjoyed doing them, the stress of the 'pattern' (even though I winged it most of the way) the colours the quilting patterns to use on them, glad theya re complete and can't WAIT to start the next one!!! Stef will divorce me for sure... maybe not if I use mainly stash fabrics...

So, here is the one for JRC... cricketing nut and perhaps talented enough to play for Australia one day, maybe. He is a very talented sportsman though so who knows!





I love the cricketing detail in the quilting, I love the burst of colours with teh red and the blue and I love the Blue that Amelia helped me choose for the binding, I think green would have been a mistake. Love love love!

And here is NJC's. The gheko's have grown on me and I like them now. You can't really see the detail too much on the quilt but I love the one clear lizard on the yellow panel...

This quilt had the potential to come across as really dark but the red border lifts it a bit and standing back and looking at it I like the bright blue and the yellow. The gold and black fabricI have used in the main body of the quilt close up is geometrical but in the photo it looks almost galactic. I am more than happy with both of these quilts and can't wait for Christmas till they can be given.

Yay for me!

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Sarah!! The boys will be thrilled with them. Well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they have turned out awesome, there is nothing more rewarding than quilting a finished top, but oh the work. I looove to free motion quilt, never thought I would ever get the knack of it but after years and years it is now second nature, I haven't done any big quits for ages with my Lingerie, but have a custom quilt order that I took on, but now I just don't have the time to quilt it, so will have to get someone to do it for me. Stash, well were to begin, my stash is a double wardrobe filled from top to bottom, waiting for the day I can use them!! and of course we always buy more because we never have just the right piece at the time. LOL Well done you, awesome x

    ReplyDelete