Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blossom Creek pt 3

Then I set about doing the blanket stitch... Never having blanket stitched anything in my LIFE, not intentionally blanket stitching anyway, I turned to that wonderful moderin invention of You Tube and watched this tutorial over and over and over again until I got it! I went through my massive bag of DMC threads and selected my colours and I set off blanket stitching up a storm and I haven't looked back, it is SO addictive! A bit like scrapbooking, this comes together so quickly and looks so good. Okay so my stitching isn't perfect but you know what, it's my first attempt! My house roof isn't on quite stright but you know what, it is individual and it adds to the quirkiness of the quilt! I LOVE IT!

So now we are adding Clyde and Ollie (they are outlined in blue) then doing the edges, hopefully tomorrow afternoon then back up to Dural for block 2!

1 comment: